Thursday, May 25, 2006

Emotional wellbeing

I was away at the weekend so I only just watched the second part of the Cyberman story - and I'm aware that the picture opposite is from a parallel universe to Saturday's episode.

It's all about emotion. Some people might say "can't live with them, can't live without them". Emotions make us human but when we see ourselves as we are our emotions can kill us. Without our emotions we're effectively dead anyway.

Should we control our emotions? There are times to do so, but inhibition is not an option. We use our emotions. That can mean that they take over us from time to time - but never to the extent of damaging us. For our emotions give us hope.

My emotions make me stronger. If I feel then I can learn and grow. I can overcome. I will not be a robot.
Don't underestimate my strength and resilience. It lies not in discipline but in passion.

No comments: