Saturday, May 06, 2006

This is the Sunday that the Lord has made


The preacher on Wednesday preached on Sunday. Perhaps he's been reading Kierkegaard too. Anyway, I understand the bit about special Sunday and special Sundays I think. But if he spoke about special Wednesday I missed it. And I think I missed the link to the question at the end too, but that's possibly another story. Or it might be the vital bit.

Paradox time again. The more special Wednesday is, the less special Sunday is. But all the days are special and must have prizes as Carroll might have said (?) Is that right? There are too many for us and they are too close. And then there may be special times ... let's not complicate.

Why is it a problem? Because we can get too focussed. Reserve one day and all the rest are free - but the one day becomes so special that you may choose to use it for other purposes. Kind of an opposite to Catch-22 - all the rules work in your favour! Let us rejoice and be glad.

No comments: