Friday, February 09, 2007

Rock Communion

What a great idea.

This was the Federation Eucharist last week. I don't want to be too evaluative, but do want to reflect on it.

The music was great - in particular the really funky song played while Communion was administered. Unfortunately I don't have the lyrics/liturgy but the words were meaningful and the songs rocked (not hard, but hey). Sometimes we lost the flow, I thought, due to being too tied to specific old words. I think they might have been ditched or sung.

Did also appreciate the light sticks even if we didn't quite know what to do with them. I did think we had maybe one too many pictures of distant galaxies.

Although it was somehow slightly less than the sum of its parts, it was worthwhile and glorious. In the words of the Teletubbies: Again!

No comments: