Sunday, May 28, 2006

Whose fault is it anyway?



I've said that I'm a grumpy old man and I don't mind admitting it. When the programme is on the telly, my main reaction is not laughter but sage nodding, punctuated by the occasional shout of "Yes!".

I haven't found Grumpy Old Women (the programme again, let's be clear) generally as affirmative. Much of the first series I felt was very self-obsessed. The second series started on Friday and I felt more in tune with the content. However the participants placed a lot of blame specifically on men; while the GOMs never placed, to my recall, any blame on women. They (the GOWs) also raised the old tired and to my mind completely false theory that women are better at multi-tasking. I think I shall post on Great Myths of Our Time and this will be number one.

The above is, of course, merely a factual observation and no criticism at all can be inferred of any person or persons or group of persons. Perish the thought.

No comments: