Saturday, May 27, 2006

Xenophobia or incompetence

Used to be, in the good old days, that when a foreign act won Eurovision, they were on Top of the Pops the next week and the single was in the shops the week after, with English lyrics on the A-side and original lyrics on the B-side. Even ones that were nowhere near winners turned. I still have a copy of "Et Bonjour a Toi l'artiste", my favourite Euro song till now. It came nowhere.

So I went down the shops today to see if I could find a CD of the winner. Zip. Nada. Nothing. The nice man in the shop had the compilation with all the rest of the rubbish as well and his database had an album by Lordi - not including the Eurovision song.

Come on - where is it? Surely a marketing possibility. This is how Abba got started! Do we not care any more? Are we even less Euro-aware than ever?

So, anyone know how I can get hold of this song? (How can I not want a song called "Hard Rock Hallelujah"?)

Maybe a friendly techie with a CD burner can download and burn me a copy? Oh, and if you could stick a copy of the English entry on too, that would be just grand.

3 comments:

charity said...

You can buy the CD here http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=361453
I continue to worry about your music taste.

charity said...

or on amazon here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FBH4FI/qid=1148746232/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_11_4/202-7289420-6701431

Paul said...

It's a well known fact that I have no taste at all.