Wednesday, December 06, 2006

They're After My Blood
















Every three or four months I get a letter telling me how valuable I am. In particular I always get one as Christmas approaches. I duly got one today. Yes, I am a blood donor.


I am especially valuable (no really) as I am type O+ which is the "universal donor". 84% of the population can accept my blood. And they particularly need extra around Christmas time.

Also they say the number of blood donors is dropping. So at the end of next week I shall give half an hour of my time and get an excuse for a lie down (not that I've ever felt the need to). These days regular donors can even make timed appointments to cut down on the waiting.

Maybe I'll see you there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just taken notes on Dracula and blood at work and then linked this to the taboos given in Acts 15, 28-29 for a training talk for EGP.