Tuesday, January 02, 2007

More Magazines

This is a serious review, but the health warning is that it's done from memory of a quick skim through. This week's women's magazine (yes, we'll come to that later) is WomanAlive (I think it is all one word), a magazine for Christian women. I saw my mother-in-law's copy.

It contains a number of inspirational (I guess) stories about coping with tragedy. I did think it would be nice to hear from someone who hadn't suffered a complete disaster. And, er, that's about all I remember. I do recall there wasn't much about successful career women. Oh there were several books to read this month. Blimey. Just like being at college. Hard work being a Christian woman. Does anyone read it regularly?

What I really wondered was whether it would be possible to produce a Christian men's magazine. The male section in Wesley Owen in London wasn't promising, consisting of only two types - one assuming that all men were obsessed by sex, and the other containing advice that would have caused the Lioness to throw it across the store had I let her see it.

A review of FHM will follow shortly.

(Interim review of Trivium's CD: excellent. I now gather I should investigate Mastodon.)

No comments: