Thursday, January 04, 2007

Temptation

I've saved soooo much money.

Yes for the first time in years I've been properly round the January sales. Normally I don't bother but there are some reasons that I thought I would this time. Never mind what they are. The trouble is it's compulsive. Well, I could do with one of those ... yes, that's a good idea ... well, while I'm here ... oh and that's what I really came out for! Half price? Sold. Half price and then I get a loyalty discount and a student discount? How can I resist? If I don't buy it now, will I have to wait another year?

In truth I'm happy with my purchases. I've refreshed my wardrobe and not just my CD collection ... hang on, didn't buy any CDs ... er. I'm sure that can be rectified ... Oh and half price chocolate! One of the stores I was in today, the assistant was saying that they don't celebrate Christmas (I thought this was a bit sad, but as she went on I understood) but bought presents in the January sales instead. Difficult to argue really. Perhaps the answer is to do like some other countries and celebrate on January 6. OK so there won't be much on the telly but then that's true anyway.

I wonder why I didn't do this in previous years. They say that 80% of most stores sales is done in the last 8 weeks of the year. It should be moved to the first 8 weeks of the year. What economic crisis?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink.
Very pink.

Anonymous said...

I did the sales too, just clothes, lots, now I won't be wearing a cassock I have to buy more smart clothes for preaching, my excuse anyway. Thinking of you this year as you test your cassock-wearing potential.