Tuesday, May 15, 2007

At Odds With the Church

The radio came on this morning with the Today story about a Catholic priest, much loved by his flock, who has been removed from his post because he has broken the rules of the church. He got married. Another priest, his friend apparently, said that the rules must be obeyed because without the rules they would not be Catholics they would be Protestants or Jews. Perish the thought.

So Father Leon is not recognised as a priest because he sees a higher way. I wonder how he feels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Paul,
oyu haven't started listening to radio four have you?
how low can a man fall ;-)

Paul said...

I've been a listener to Radio 4 for a long time. In fact, it's more or less the only radio station I do listen to since I can't get Virgin clearly in the car.

What do you listen to, then? I do hope it's not Radio 2.

Anonymous said...

Steve introduced me to Radio 4. He tends to select the station as I would prefer silence. So we have smooth & radio 4 mostly, he 'listens again' and BBC 7 on the computer.

I choose to use thought for the day as my 'get up time' and don't get up til it's finished (normally)